It’s that time again-Wedding Season!! And what better way to celebrate brides than a little “how to” choose what I think is the loveliest Hair and makeup that fits you and your personality:). SO many former Brides have come to me after their wedding (when someone else did it) and say that their makeup was way too heavy or didn’t fit their personality or that they had to re-do it themselves after a random makeup artist did their face without understanding them as a person….
1) ALWAYS DO A HAIR and MAKEUP TEST before your big day. That’s my recommendation. You don’t need surprises like that on your big day:)
2) ALWAYS make sure your Makeup or hair person understands what you like and don’t like. DONT BE AFRAID TO COMMUNICATE with them. It’s the only way you’ll get what you want.
3) BE REALISTIC! if your hair is shoulder length , don’t expect a hairstylist to be able to create some of the updos below unless you buy her some hair Extentions to put in.
4) KNOW YOUR FACE. If you see a picture of a celebrity and you expect a makeup artist to make you look exactly like her, you may be disappointed. Remember that every face, eye shape, eye color, nose, eyebrows, mouth, lips, cheek bones, etc are different, but an artist should get you close to the vibe you are going for. Again, if you hate black eyeliner, say so! She or he should be able to show you options.
5) HAVE A STYLE. If your wedding is out in the woods, try some nice golds and bronzes ( at your comfort level). If your Wedding has a vintage or retro theme, try a nice red lip and black cat eye to go with your classic surroundings.
6). RELAX!! This is YOUR day and you should feel,beautiful and happy. Don’t let hair and makeup be a stress factor. Let it be fun!! Once you are happy with your artist (s) in the trials, relax, sit back, have a mimosa, put on some happy music and ENJOY!
7). CALL ME FIRST! LOL I use only waterproof, skin-like airbrush makeup that looks really natural. And I guarantee my work and your satisfaction:). I’ve also got several excellent hair and makeup people in my arsenal who feel the same way, http://www.victoriarowe.com . We serve all of California, Vegas and beyond (travel fees may apply).
BE HAPPY AND BEAUTIFUL!!